Caring for your Milk Diamond
Caring for your Milk Diamond
Your Milk Diamond has been handmade using natural inclusions in high grade jewellery resin. Whilst the resin will preserve your inclusions within it, it also requires gentle handling.
Occasionally, there may be small bubbles in your jewellery. Whilst we do our best to minimise this, they are sometimes unavoidable and are because they are hand crafted. We do make sure that any bubbles are not going to affect the integrity of your Diamond, please contact us if you are unhappy with your jewellery because of this.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to give a 100% guarantee that your Diamond won’t change appearance. The resin will gradually age, becoming slightly yellower over time, as all resins do. It may also become scratched or slightly dented with wear, particularly in beads and rings. Looking after your resin jewellery will help slow this process.
Please observe the following to preserve your Milk Diamond:
- Avoid submerging your jewellery pieces in water. Resin isn’t water proof, only water resistant. So please remember to remove your jewellery before showers, swimming, washing hands, etc.
- Avoid exposing your jewellery to harsh chemicals and cleaning products. This includes perfume, hair spray, deodorants, cleaning solutions, nail polish remover, antibacterial hand sanitizer, etc.
- Store your jewellery out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause the resin to discolour and soften. Take jewellery off before sunbathing.
- Avoid resin jewellery becoming overheated or too cold. This can cause the resin to become either soft or brittle and result in it becoming loose within its settings.
- Avoid hard knocks to resin jewellery. It is a durable material, but will, like most plastics, dent and scratch relatively easily. Light scratches in the surface can be easily removed using a plastic or resin polish. We recommend using Novus Plastic Polish, which is available to buy online at a reasonable price.
Your breastmilk is a unique and natural material, and because of this, it can be challenge to work with. Each woman produces milk that is exactly tailored to her child’s needs, and milk varies enormously from mother to mother. Some is thirst quenching and watery, almost blue in appearance, and others is like gold top creamy milk. Giving guarantees is impossible because of this. Some will age quicker than others, but all will age gently over time.
We are happy to remake your Milk Diamond should the colour change significantly within the first six months. We will also keep any unused milk for two years from receiving it, so if your Milk Diamond changes during this time and you would like another piece, you can purchase one. We can also replace lost items using remaining milk.
We are constantly striving to make improvements to our processes and designs to make a high quality product that will continue to preserve your memories. Please do contact us if you have any feedback about our service r products.
For more information about our returns policy, click here.